Be Careful What You Wish For

SO, remember how a few posts ago, I was talking about how I was trying desperately to gain weight? Well, at the Doctor's office yesterday, I learned that you definitely have to be careful what you wish for--I gained 10 lbs. in the past month. That's over 2 lbs a week!! Yikes. I still actually weigh less than I did my third year of college (Steve thinks it's funny how I always compare how much I weigh now to how much I weighed in a past season of my life), so I'm doing all right, but I would prefer to not continue gaining at this rate. Darn Thanksgiving dinner!

My midwife was really good about it, though--she said I probably don't want to keep gaining at this rate (for obvious reasons), but now I've actually caught up to the curve. Steve was there, and when he started poking fun at me, she glared at him and told him that next visit, she was going to start weighing him every couple of weeks. That made him shut up and it made me feel better. :)

Comments

Heather said…
Hahaha, I love your midwife.

And you were thin your third year in college. That is insane that you weigh less now and you are pregnant. You are all cute belly!
Cristin said…
With both pregnancies I gained 40+ pounds and it's been okay. I can't believe that you weigh less now as a pregnant person than in college.
Claire said…
I *heart* Lynette!!! She's wonderful. I hope she does start weighing Steve... :D
John and Lisa said…
Oh.....to be the weight I was in college! Those were the days! :-) Hang in there!
russandkatie said…
I always had one month where I gained a lot more weight than any of the other months! Aaaahhhh pregnancy....
Else said…
So it's been fun reading your blog since we are at the exact same point in our pregnancies. This last midwife checkup, my midwife said the same thing to me because I gained 10 lbs in this last month as well. ARGGG and with Christmas coming. I really need to be careful. Love ya