Joys of Modern Medicine

Steve has been miserable with a cold for the past three days--stuffy, congested, coughing, feverish, you know the ordeal. It's actually been a refreshing change for me to be the one comforting him, rather than the other way around, as it's been for the past...oh, forever, it seems. However, I still would rather have him feeling better than get to practice my "nursing" skills on him.

The night before last, he couldn't sleep at all. It was miserable with him constantly waking up coughing, sneezing, or having to clear his head, so between his terrible sleep habits and me having to constantly either shift positions or get up to go to the bathroom, we were not exactly a peaceful couple. So, we decided yesterday to purchase something that changed our lives.....we bought Ny-Quil and nasal spray.

Oh, Ny-Quil and nasal spray, I thank you for the comfort and sleep you brought to my poor, aching, tired husband. He took the recommended dosage right before we read scriptures and was gone the instant we turned out the light. Now, this didn't really affect my sleeping....I was still as uncomfortable as ever. However, it was FABULOUS to talk to him today and realize that he got the rest he needed to feel more like himself again. Now I just need to find something that works safely for pregnant women with heartburn and leg cramps!! :)

Comments

Diana said…
TUMS and BANANAS!!! That is what worked for me anyway. I was told to eat a banana before I went to bed and it did seemed to help with the leg cramps.

Good luck with that!
Jennifer said…
The only thing I found that relieved my leg cramps and heart burn was something called LABOR! :) But I don't recommend you trying that for at least 3 more months!
Else said…
Since I work at a health food store, I take A LOT of vitamins to help all the achs and pains of pregnancy. Try calcium and magnesuim in a powder form like the company Pure Essence or CALM. Drink it right before bed and it sure has helped me with leg cramps. Heartburn: take either digestive enzymes or chew papaya enzymes and that takes it away for me. Hope that helps.