Halloween!!

So, Steve likes Halloween. Wait. That's an understatement. Halloween is Steve's favorite day of the year. EVERY year. And, since I haven't had an opportunity to celebrate Halloween for the last two Halloween seasons (they don't really celebrate Halloween the same way in Taiwan), I was all game for starting the holiday season a bit early--mid-September, to be exact. :)

Above, you have me posing with our dining room set-up. The sign on the wall is for an Insane Asylum (pretty accurate, don't you think?). In the corner is Steve's creepy butler, Edward. He really is life-sized, and his eyes move when he's plugged in (hence the fact that he's not plugged in very often, especially when I'm going to get a drink in the middle of the night). He regularly creeps out our visitors--mostly my visiting teachers and piano students. :)
So, needless to say, we have many many Halloween decorations to choose from when decorating the apartment. So many, in fact, that we didn't even use all of them. But don't be fooled, when we move into a bigger place, we shall have places to use them all!! :)

So, the reason for why I'm making this face (even though you can't see it well) is the fact that the sign hanging directly above our wedding picture says "Cemetary". Apt description for the end of life as you know it, eh?


Steve, in his element. He really is creative and talented--he has quite the touch when it comes to decorating. I attribute it to his many years doing sets in Theatre.

So, these are some of our Halloween decorations to share!! One of the quirky things I absolutely love about my husband!! *Just wait till Christmas, honey!!

Comments

Our Ohana said…
Jewel your house is so cute! (I'm looking past all the Halloween decor) - I love it!!
Sarah M Eden said…
I have spiderwebs hanging around my house, too. Is that a Halloween thing? 'Cause mine are there all the time.
Claire said…
lol at the previous comment... I decided not to dust in honour of Halloween... that way it feels more authentic!!

And for the record, I was far less frightened of Edward this last time I visited you. :D I'm *sorta* getting use to him. Though I'm not going to lie, I'm still glad you don't plug him in!
Jennifer said…
Just hopping over from my blog...saw your comment...totally appreciate your willingness to lie...I am the least positive person I know! I am all flowers and sunshine for everybody else but for my problems??? Let's just say I am typically less than optimistic.

ANYHOW...I LOVE your prego pic. Very cute! Your apartment is darling. Steve is welcome to express his creativity on our house any season! I don't get into decorating...ecspecailly for Halloween. I tried for the kids this year...but I just don't have room to store oodles of decorations for every holiday!

ANYHOW! I hope little Rambo...or whatever you chose to name your little guy...is doing great! :)