Gettin' Political

Okay. I knew it was just a matter of time before I put a post on here about politics. I'm actually kind of passionate about politics--especially about our duties as citizens to make a difference by voting--especially when there are such important topics on the ballot (for example, Proposition 102 on marriage here in Arizona), but because I'm so passionate, I find that it's pretty easy to get me riled up. I watch the presidential debates on television, but I usually end up having to turn them off halfway through because I get so irritated. I'm not a fan of politicians who refuse to sit down, take responsibility, and answer the questions they get asked just flat out instead of spewing out empty promises, excuses, and derogatory remarks about their opponents. That being said, I know what my opinion is and I know who I'm voting for. I don't necessarily think John McCain is the very best option for our country, and I don't really even like him all that much, but he supports more closely the opinions and the standards that I hold than does Barack Obama, and therefore I am going to be supporting him in the upcoming elections. When I got married, moved, and changed my name, registering to vote was one of the first things I did, and I intend to take advantage of my right as a citizen of the United States (something many people would give their lives for) and vote. And anyone who doesn't is just lazy.

So, come November 4th, I know where I'm going to be. How about you?

Comments

Brie said…
Thanks for your supportive comment on my latest post, I decided to return the favor! I agree with you that John McCain isn't my favorite but he is the lesser of two evils. Hopefully enough people out there will help keep this country on the right track!
Stephanie said…
I love this post. Way to go Jewel for taking advantage of your rights as a citizen of this great country. I wish we lived closer so I could talk politics with you :)