Disneyland!!!!

Yay!! We just got back from our quick trip to Disneyland on Sunday night, and it was such a wonderful experience!! A couple of friends from our ward, Sarah and Jeremy Hrebicek, had been planning a trip to Disneyland to celebrate his birthday since May. Now, he knew that he was going, but what he didn't know was that his cute wife, Sarah, had also invited several friends to show up there and surprise him.

There ended up being six of us there altogether--Misty, Sarah Grow, the Hrebiceks, and Steve and I, and it was such a fun trip--Jeremy was pretty surprised to see us all in their hotel room on Thursday night, that's for sure--but hopefully it was a pleasant surprise. :) I'm afraid I don't have any pictures yet (working on that--Steve and I forgot our camera, so we'll have to wait till someone else e-mails us the pictures that they took), but I can at least describe the trip a little bit.

I was a little worried that I wouldn't feel very good for it (I'm now having more good days than bad, but I still get pretty nauseated, especially if I don't get to sleep in), and I was also worried that I would hold Steve back from riding on all the fun rides that he loves so much...'cause, let's face it, it's really not recommended for pregnant women to ride basically all of our favorites--Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror, Maliboomer, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, etc., etc.... So that made me nervous, but luckily, Sarah Grow isn't a big fan of heights, so on some of the rides, she was totally willing to hang out with me, rather than ride the rides, and that hopefully alleviated some of the guilt that Steve was experiencing and allowed him to enjoy the rides with the others. :)

Then, on other rides where everyone wanted to ride, I would just wait in the cue lines with them, and then go straight on through to the exit and wait for them to finish there. It was actually pretty nice--I got some good relaxing time for my feet, and that would usually help me build up some energy for afterwards...I forgot what a wimp I am, but I was really sore by the end of our two days there!!

It's interesting--we have annual passes for Disneyland, which has been quite the experience for me. Growing up, I went to Disneyland a total of four times in my lifetime--including once when I was 3, that I don't remember. However, since my mission, this has been my fourth trip this year!! Ironically, of those four, we've only been able to ride the "fun" rides on one of those trips...but it actually has been fun to experience a different side of the park...a side that I used to be so busy running to and from my favorite big rides that I didn't ever notice the fun little details that are everywhere, or see the characters, or watch any of the parades or big (or little) shows. This trip, in particular, we got to eat at a couple of restaurants that I had never been in before, we saw several new shows (including the Pixar Play Parade in California Adventure--so cute!), and altogether, we found several hidden details that I had never noticed before.

In fact, because we were in such a loud group (I'm probably one of the quietest ones in the group--gives you an idea what we were like) with a "birthday boy" in the middle of it (when you go to Disneyland on your birthday, they give you a big button that says, "It's my birthday" and they write your name on it. The fact that Sarah was wearing a shirt that said "I love Jeremy" didn't hurt as far as getting attention goes, either. So, almost any time we were watching a show, invariably, some character or cast member would comment on Jeremy, and it was really fun to see how personal the cast members in Disneyland make the experience for every person who goes. Really kind of cute.

So this was a nice, relaxed, enjoyable trip. Thanks, Jeremy, for having a birthday!!

Comments

Claire said…
Fun!!! I can't wait to see pictures. Isn't the Pixar parade awesome? Its one of our favourite things at Disneyland. Cecelia just goes nuts since so many of her favourite characters are in it.

So, I have a favour to ask you! I've been asked to sing in church on October 12th. Any chance you'd be willing to accompany me? :D
John and Lisa said…
Ok, I have to know...which restaurants did you try? Please tell me you went to the Blue Bayou and had the "Monte Cristo" sandwich!! My all time FAVORITE. My favorite steak is Prime Rib...love it! And at Blue Bayou, they apparantly serve a real nice Prime Rib, but the three times I've eaten there, I have to get the Monte Cristo, because it's the only place I've found it, other than "Bennigans", which is now no longer. Blah, blah, blah, blah blah...I could go on and on. Anyhow, glad you had a good time. Thanks for the e-mail today- nice hearing from you.
The Herrons said…
Cute Blog!!! how is married life? And congrats on being pregnant. You will LOVE being a mom!!!
Jennifer said…
I love your recent posts! I am SO glad you're in the mommy club too! PLEASE have Steve take a picture of your cute prego belly for your blog. I saw one of you at Kari's shower on Celeste's blog! You look SO cute!
Brie said…
I love that side of Disneyland too! Its not just the rides that make it amazing, but the whole little world and experience they have created! When you stop and actually look at all the little details, it is quite extraordinary! Sometimes I wish the Disney people would run for President. I would live in that world...
Debi Lassen said…
Hey Jewel, I just found your blog and I'm going to enjoy checking in on how your and Steve and soon to be baby are doing.
Glad you enjoyed Disneyland!
Love you lots,
Aunt Debi