Cravings

So they don't make sense. Not only do they change from minute to minute (you think I'm exaggerating--ask Steve how many times I've asked for something specific for dinner and changed my mind the minute it's sitting in front of me), but they are weird things--things that I usually have no appetite for, or at least not much of one. And most of them have nothing in common...except for the fact that they're just plain weird.

For example, a small list of the things I've craved in the past week:

Bean burritos. Taco Bell's are the preferred kind, of course (can't beat the Bell), but when I can't get those, I make my own--beans and cheese wrapped in a tortilla and covered in green enchilada sauce and then microwaved. (Fancy, I know. Just call me Rachel Ray)

Waffles drenched in butter and syrup. My basic breakfast.

Tortilla chips and El Pato sauce. (That one makes me nervous, because it hurts going down--can you imagine how badly it would hurt coming back up? I crave it, nonetheless).

Shredded Wheat.

Oatmeal.

Spinach (cooked) covered in vinegar.

Peppercinis, especially the juice.

Goulash. (Basically tomato juice and pasta and cheese--soup form)

Pero (the fake Mormon coffee drink).

Salt and Vinegar Chips.

Yeah. Do any of those sound like what you would typically eat (or drink) when you have an upset stomach? Boy. This baby has a weird sense of taste, that's all I can say. But I guess that's life. Just as long as I'm not eating clay, I suppose...

Comments

russandkatie said…
I craved rocks so I still have you beat :)
Heather said…
I think I regularly crave at least half of those items on your list, and there is no baby in my belly. Apparently I'm a bigger freak than we thought...