So...I took this test....

...And it came out positive.

Yes.

I'm pregnant.


WHOO HOO!!!!!


Actually, I know most of you (well, many of you) who are reading this blog actually already know that--because let's face it, most of the people who read this are my family members, who of course are the first to know those kinds of things. But for any of you others who may not have known, I have to plead my case: I haven't been feeling very good. I know, not a very good excuse for not posting anything earlier. But it's the best I can do, and I'm a pregnant lady now, so you have to be nice to me. :)

So, for details of how we found out...we've (Steve and I) actually known for over a month now; I had been feeling kind of "strange" for the past couple of weeks, and the idea that I might be pregnant was kind of pressing on my mind a lot, so I decided to take a pregnancy test (that my aunt Jennifer had given me as a joke for my bridal shower).

It was digital, so the fact that it said "PREGNANT" within a minute of me taking it wasn't too hard to figure out. I told Steve as soon as he got off work, and other than my sister NaElle, we didn't tell anyone for over 3 weeks---his parents DID figure it out (they see a lot of us, and it's kind of hard to hide the fact that you want to gag every time you see food when you go over for dinner a lot), but my parents had no idea until the weekend of the 24th celebration, which is when we finally told them. Needless to say, they were rather excited, to say the least. And believe it or not, it's been killing me to not be able to tell anyone this long, but it's still so early (I'm only 9 weeks along as I'm posting this), and so many things could go wrong...but what the heck. Since when have I had any common sense?!

So there you go, all of you wonderful friends out there. This is now a pregnant woman's blog, so now it's going to be all of these fabulous details about the joys of morning sickness, fatigue, and bloating...ah.

Exciting stuff, eh?

Comments

Amy said…
Congratulations Jewel! I'm excited for you and hope you don't get too sick!
Mindy said…
Congratulations Jewel!!!

Motherhood is the best thing ever. But I won't kid you it can be hard, but it is so worth it. So have you thrown up a lot or have you just felt sick?

-Aunt Mindy
CONGRATS!! How great for you guys. Your mom must have fallen over.
-Geniel Holden
http://thecrazyholdens.blogspot.com/
Jennifer said…
I am SO glad that pregnancy test came in handy!!! I wont ask about the other things I gave you!

Love ya! hope you guys have fun at Disneyland!
Cristin said…
Congrats! Parenthood is definitely an adventure...
Our Ohana said…
Congrats you guys! That's so exciting!! And I'm excited to see you have a blog ... I'll add you to ours if you don't mind.
How crazy!! First we find you guys on Facebook and now Blogger?! We left our congrats back in Facebook but we will leave it here too...CONGRATS!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
John and Lisa said…
Love your blog!! How are you feeling?? I sure miss seeing you guys around this end of the valley. Hope you're feeling better!!