Happy 4 month!!

So, in order to celebrate our 4 month anniversary, we went all out!! Just kidding. Actually, we had our doctor's visit, where we got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the very first time! Not exactly what I might have pictured doing when thinking about how to celebrate 4 months ago, but better than anything else we might have done.

I can't even describe the feelings that I had when listening to that quick little "thump-thump-thump," so fast it didn't even seem real! It's as if, up to this point (I'm 11 weeks along, by the way), I had known that there was a little baby inside of me, but to actually hear it and know that our baby was alive is such a relief! As silly as it sounds, I had really just been paranoid, and every time anything would go wrong, or hurt, or anything that didn't seem "normal" (like I know what normal is--I for sure am the last one to know what I'm doing!) I would just worry and worry...especially because since we found out we were pregnant, Steve and I have been reading everything we could find about pregnancy, and you hear a lot of "worse-case scenarios" when you do that. :)

In other news, I've actually lost 4 more pounds since the last doctor's visit. Dang it. This is the first time in my life I've actually WANTED to keep weight on--and not enjoyed doing so. I mean, how often is it that you hear your doctor telling you to eat high calorie foods and not exercise? So strange. But I hear that (hopefully) by the 14th week that eating becomes a pleasure rather than a burden once again. That's what I'm keeping my fingers crossed for.

But truthfully, it's all worth it. I'm excited to be a mom. And to know that our baby is healthy and well--well, that's more than I could have asked for as a 4-month anniversary gift.

Comments

trine k said…
that's so great, I remember that feeling! Just wait till you get to see him/her for the first time- so awesome! Sorry you're not feeling so hot, hopefully you'll be over the yuckiness soon. You and Else are totally neck and neck, you should race over who feels better first and who feels the baby first :)
Jennifer said…
Oh...you think you're worried now??? Let me tell you...you worry SO much more once the baby is actually here! I remember when I was pregnant with Kaitlyn I wished that my belly had a little port-hole so that I could just look at her and make sure she was okay.......and it pretty much feels like I have worried endlessly ever since! :)

Being a parent (which you and Steve ARE now...)brings you the most grief but also the most joy....and we all know...we have to know the bitter to enjoy the sweet! Parenthood is perfect evidence of that!

I love your little bio in your "about me" column....you are handling ALL the change you have gone through in the past 7 months SO well! You are awesome!!!

Love ya!
Celeste Dana said…
I'm so excited for you - but the title of "great aunt" might be a bit overwhelming. The heartbeat is SO much fun
Jenn said…
hearing that heartbeat is such a great feeling! congrats guys!
Brie said…
Jewel! You found me! I am so happy! And OH MY GOODNESS...you are having a baby! That is so wonderful, I couldn't be happier for you and Steve! That is one lucky baby to be coming to you two! Its so good to see you so happy and enjoying life! I will be a regular visitor to your blog from now on!
russandkatie said…
hey jewel! thanks again for letting me come today, it was fun!!!